Barrow, Building, Temple Or Shrine and Villa
The temple stood 1 mile south of the crossing of the north-south road from Maidstone to Durobrivae (Rocester) with the North Downs Way (at TQ7462).
There is a large Claudian villa of military design at Rowe Place Farm, Eccles (TQ7260), perhaps the residence of the exiled Adminius, when he returned following the Claudian invasion.
Another villa and Romano-British Barrow at Snodland (TQ6962) on the course of the North Downs Way.
Other substantial Roman buildings have been found in the immediate area at Wouldham (TQ7162) and Burham (TQ7261), and 3 miles south-east along the N.D.W. at Thurnham (TQ7957)
References for Eccles
Historical Map and Guide – Roman Britain by the Ordnance Survey (3rd, 4th & 5th eds., 1956, 1994 & 2001).
Map References for Eccles
NGRef: TQ7460 OSMap: LR178/188