Garnhall Temporary Camp 2
Marching or Temporary Camps
Garnhall Camp 2, (West) is a large enclosure was identified on A.P.’s taken in the early-1960’s, when the rounded south-west corner-angle and attached lengths, about 1,000 ft. of the south side and over 300 ft. of the west defences, were recorded on the slopes to the west of Garnhall Farm.
References for Garnhall Camps
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1951-5 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. xlv (1955) p.86;
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1961-64 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. lv (1965) p.80;
- Britannia xxi (1990) p.312;
- Britannia xxiii (1992) pp.262-4 & fig.6;
- Britannia xxv (1994) pp.255/6 & fig.5;
- Britannia xxvi (1995) p.334;
- Britannia xxviii (1997) p.408.
Map References for Garnhall Camps
NGRef: NS7877 OSMap: LR64
Roman Roads near Garnhall Camps