Invergowrie Marching Camp
Marching or Temporary Camps
Invergowrie Marching Camp was first noted in W. Maitland’s History of Scotland published in 1757, this camp on the north shore of the Firth of Tay was rediscovered on aerial photographs in 1990. It is seemingly oriented to the north.
References for Invergowrie Camp
Britannia xxii (1991) pp.226/8.
Map References for Invergowrie Camp
NGRef: NO3430 OSMap: LR54
OS National Grid Reference: NO345300
Dimensions: c.1,310 x 985+ ft (c.400 x 300+ m)
Area: >29½ acres (>12 ha)
Roman Roads near Invergowrie Camp