Lochlands Temporary Camps 3, 4 & 5

Marching or Temporary Camps

Lochlands 3 (Camelon Camp 5) camp was discovered on A.P.’s by J.K. St. Joseph and first reported in 1977.

These camps were built over each other and now overbuilt with modern structures. with Camp 5 is built inside camp 3 and camp 4 extends to the west from the SW corner of Camp 3.

References for Lochlands Camps

  • Air Reconnaissance of North Britain by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. xli (1951) p.62;
  • Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1955-7 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. xlviii (1958) p.89;
  • Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1958-1960 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. li (1961) pp.122/3;
  • Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1973-76 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. lxvii (1977) p.135;
  • Britannia ix (1978) p.413; Britannia xiii (1982) p.337;
  • Britannia xiv (1983) pp.287/8;
  • Britannia xv (1984) p.274; 

Map References for Lochlands Camps

NGRef: NS8580 OSMap: LR65

OS National Grid Reference: NS854812
Dimensions: ? ft (? m)
Area: ? acres (? ha)

Roman Roads near Lochlands Camps

None identified