Raith Signal Station

Watch-tower

This site was discovered in March 1901 while excavating a pit to recieve a new water tank serving Raith Farm. This watch-tower along with others spaced almost uniformly along the Roman military road into the north-east formed an early Roman frontier along the Gask Ridge in Tayside.

References for Raith

  • Topography of Roman Scotland North of the Antonine Wall by O.G.S. Crawford (Cambridge 1949);
  • Britannia xxiv (2003) p.302.

Map References for Raith

NGRef: NN9318 OSMap: LR58

Roman Roads near Raith

E (0.5) to Ardvnie (Tayside) W (0.5) to Parknevk (Tayside)