Situated a little over 2½ (c.4.2 km) north-east of the Peddlars Way Roman road between Saham Toney and Holme-next-the-Sea, about 2 miles (c.3.2 km) north of the former station and 6 miles (c.10 km) south-east of the town of Swaffham, this site is represented by a single-ditched enclosure visible on aerial photographs, and Roman finds from the area have long-established its Roman nature (JRS 1953 p.94).
References for Swaffham
- Air Reconnaissance of Southern Britain by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. XLIII (1953) pp.81-97;
Map References for Swaffham
NGRef: TF9005 OSMap: LR144
Roman Roads near Swaffham