Watercrook Baths

Bath House

Remains of the Roman baths of Watercrook fort were extant in 1908 on the site of the Watercrook Farm buildings(SD 5148 9053); they consisted of “underground cavities and the summits of arches appearing above the level of the ground”, in the Farm shippon and the corner of the house nearest to it. Machell’s description shows that these had a stoke-hole, caldarium and tepidarium (divided by a partition), frigidarium with cold plunge off, and semi circular sudatorium.

There are no visible remains.