This unit was another part-mounted regiment numbered among the substantial Belgic auxiliary force of governor Petilius Cerialis. They were listed as the late-fourth century occupants of the Wallsend fort in the Notitia Dignitatum, also evidenced by a couple of altarstones.
Evidence for the presence of Cohors Quartae Lingonum in Britain
- Burn 95; CIL XVI.48; military diploma, dated January 19th 103AD.
- Burn 100; CIL XVI.65; military diploma dated July 17th 122AD.
- L’Année Épigraphique 1997.1779b; diploma dated c.126AD.
- L’Année Épigraphique 1997.1001; diploma dated 27th February 158AD.
- Wallsend (RIB 1299 altar; 1300 altar; Notitia Dignitatum).