Inveravon Temporary Camp 3
Marching or Temporary Camps
Inveravon Camp 3 camp lies close to the wall just to the north-west of Camps #1 and #2.
References for Inveravon Temporary Camp 2
- The Roman Wall in Scotland by Sir George MacDonald (Oxford, 2nd Ed. 1934) pp.192-4;
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1955-7 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. xlviii (1958) p.89;
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1958-1960 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. li (1961) p.122;
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1961-64 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. lv (1965) p.80;
- Britannia xv (1984) p.276; Britannia xxvii (1996) p.398.
Map References Inveravon Temporary Camp 2
NGRef: NS9679 OSMap: LR65
OS National Grid Reference: NS957797
Dimensions: 550 x 550 ft (168 x 168 m)
Area: 7 acres (2.8 ha)
Roman Roads near Inveravon Camps