Gask House Signal Station
The platform of the Gask House watch-tower is 45 feet in diameter and lies to the south of the military road. It was excavated in 1900. This watch-tower along with others spaced almost uniformly along the Roman military road into the north-east formed an early Roman frontier along the Gask Ridge in Tayside.
References for Gask House
- Topography of Roman Scotland North of the Antonine Wall by O.G.S. Crawford (Cambridge 1949) p.53;
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1961-64 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. lv (1965) p.81;
- Roman Britain in 1965 in JRS lvi (1966) p.199; Roman Britain in 1966 in JRS lvii (1967) p.175.
Map References for Gask House
NGRef: NN9919 OSMap: LR58