Provincial Capital - Londinivm was unique in the landscape of Roman Britain, a major battle was fought here, followed by a succession of forts, and the thriving military port soon became established as the centre of commerce and administration for the Roman province.
Locations of British Capitals in Roman Britain
- Caistor St. Edmund (Venta Icenorum) Roman Town
- Canterbury (Durovernum) Roman Fort
- Chichester (Noviomagus Reginorum)
- St Albans (Verulamium) Roman Settlement
- Winchester (Venta Belgarum)