RIB 218 - Dedication to Mars Alator
To the god Mars Alator Dum(…) Censorinus, son of Gemellus, willingly and deservedly fulfilled his vow.
V S L M
RIB 219 - Dedication to Mars Toutatis
To Mars Toutatis, Tiberius Claudius Primus, freedman of Attius, willingly and deservedly fulfilled his vow.
TI CLAVDIVS PRIMVS
V S L M
RIB 220 - Dedication to Volcanus
To the deity Volcanus.
References for Barkway
- The Roman Inscriptions of Britain by R.G. Collingwood and R.P. Wright (Oxford 1965).
Map References for Barkway
NGRef: TL 37399 35802 OSMap: LR154?
Roman Roads near Barkway
Sites near Barkway
- Braughing Roman Trading Post (12 km)
Iron-work and Minor Settlement
- Baldock Settlement (12 km)
- Wimpole Lodge (13 km)
- Great Chesterford Vicus (15 km)
- Great Chesterford Roman Fort (15 km)
Claudian Auxiliary Fort (AD 43–54)
- Great Chesterford Temple (16 km)
Temple Or Shrine
- Bishops Stortford (19 km)
- Caesar's Camp (Sandy) (23 km)
- Akeman Street (Cambridgeshire) (24 km)
- Lockleys Roman villa (24 km)