On the south side of the Gask ridge at Dupplin there appears to be situated a small fort or fortlet of about 350 ft. square, covering an area of about 2¾ acres (c.1.14 ha). In addition, a suspected marching camp was seen some 2,000 ft. to the east of the fortlet, both encampments being discovered on aerial photographs by Professor J.K. St. Joseph and first reported in 1958.
References for Dupplin
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1955-7 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. xlviii (1958) p.90;
- Air Reconnaissance in Britain, 1961-1964 by J.K. St. Joseph in J.R.S. lv (1965) p.82;
- Air Reconnaissance in Roman Britain 1977-1984 by G.S. Maxwell & D.R. Wilson in Britannia xviii (1987) p.34;
- D.E.S. 1999 p.71; Britannia xxxi (2000) p.380.
Map References for Dupplin
NGRef: NO038192 OSMap: LR58?