Martlesham lies on the A12(T) road between Ipswich and Woodbridge There is only one inscription recorded in the R.I.B. for Martlesham, a shield-shaped base of bronze, which is believed to have once supported a statue.
RIB 213 - Dedication to Mars Corotiacus
The Course of the Suspected Roman Road in East Suffolk
References for Martlesham
The Roman Inscriptions of Britain by R.G. Collingwood and R.P. Wright (Oxford 1965).
Map References for Martlesham
NGRef: TM2547 OSMap: LR156/169?
Roman Roads near Martlesham
Sites near Martlesham
- Walton Castle (14 km)
Port, Saxon Shore Fort and Vicus
- Coddenham (Combretovium) Roman Forts (15 km)
Claudian Auxiliary Fort (AD 43–54)
- Combretovium Vicus (15 km)
- Pye Road (15 km)
- Sinomagi? (Saxmundham) (21 km)
- Ad Ansam Roman Settlement (24 km)
- Alresford Roman Villa (33 km)
- Temple of Claudius at Colchester (Camulodunon) (33 km)
Temple Or Shrine
- Villa Faustini (Scole) (33 km)
- Romano-British Temples, Colchester 4 & 5 (33 km)
Romano-british Temple Or Shrine