Hadrian's Wall - Milecastle 46 - Carvoran
Milecastle 46 (Carvoran) was a – Milecastle on Hadrian’s Wall. The mile fort is located west of a deviation in the course of Hadrian’s Wall, north of the Carvoran wall fort ( Magnis ) on a steep slope running to the west. The crew secured, among other things. the valley of the Tipalt Burn, west of the fort. Its remains were first mentioned by Lingard in 1807, located by Gibson and Simpson in 1910, and re-examined in 1946. There are no visible remains. Its location can only be identified from a 0.3 meter high elevation and aerial photographs. In the north one could still see traces of the moat.