Hadrian's Wall - Milecastle 58 - Newtown
Milecastle 58 (Newtown) was a – Milecastle on Hadrian’s Wall. The mile fort was near a road leading south-west out of Newtown. It was probably on the north side of a hedge. There were among others. Elevations and an unusually large amount of stones. Around 1853 an inscription from the Legio II Augusta was also found there. Excavations in 1902 clarified only the course of Hadrian’s Wall in the southwest of Newtown. In order to find the mile fort, geophysical surveys were carried out between 1980 and 1981. However, no useful results could be obtained.