Vicus of Great Chesters (Aesica). It was first recognised by Horsley in 1732 and is situated to the south-east of the fort. The remains have never been scientifically excavated and the layout is poorly understood. The only identifiable features are building platforms and terraces with rubble. The large field to the south of the fort should contain remains of the settlement; however, it has been heavily ploughed and there are no surveyable earthworks except for a slight earthwork platform.