Little Clyde Marching Camp
Marching or Temporary Camps
An aerial photograph taken in June 1939 shows almost the entire outline of this camp, including the part of the W rampart which now lies in marshland. The N, E and S ramparts may still be traced on the ground, also two titulum outworks outside the gateways on the N side.
References for Little Clyde Camp
The Roman Occupation of South-Western Scotland by the Glasgow Archaeological Society (1952) pp.112/3.
Map References for Little Clyde Camp
NGRef: NS9915 OSMap: LR78
OS National Grid Reference: NS9915
Dimensions: 1,475 x 975 ft (450 x 300 m)
Area: 33 acres (13.4 ha)